TIL @root9B. A local cybersecurity company; root—as in once you have root access you own the system)—and 9B is hex for 911. Such geeks. I love the name!
Why You Should Never Cold Call a Millennial^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Baby Boomer
I haven’t figured out how to optimize replies on other sites with Micro.blog. And maybe this really is what I want. A blog post based on a comment I made. Yeah, that’s it. This post was inspired by my comment.
As I said at qqMedium in reply to “Why You Should Never Cold Call a Millennial (And What To Try Instead):”
Reason 1: You could lose composure on a call
Reason 2: Receiving a call is time-consuming
Reason 3: Callers are inconsiderate
Uh. These reasons are universal. I’m a young baby boomer. Please don’t call me, either!
Kudos Filip Poutintsev for these additional reasons:
- The call always comes in a bad time
- The call takes all your attention
- You can only talk to one person at a time
- On the phone you have to react instantly
- There’s no time to check facts
- Over half of what you said or heard on the phone will be instantly forgotten
- I just don’t like phone calls
- Writing is easier than talking
- You have to prepare for the call
- The 9th Circle of Hell: Video Calls